Medicare Plan L

Find affordable Medicare Supplement plans

Medicare Plan L

For many people, Medicare Plan L will not provide the comprehensive coverage they’re looking for. The good news is that Medicare Supplement Plan L will provide full coverage for your Medicare Part A hospital costs and coinsurance

Plan L provides partial coverage for a variety of other benefits. Let’s look to see what Plan L covers. You can also look at the other plans available below.

Medicare Plan L - What does it cover?

What Medicare Supplement Plan L Will NOT Cover

With Medicare Supplement Plan L, you won’t be covered for foreign travel emergencies, your Medicare Part B deductible, or your Part B excess charges. Plan L also doesn’t cover 100% of some of your other benefits. In fact it only covers 75% for the following:

Medicare Supplement BenefitsPlan L covers?
Medicare Part A coinsurance & hospital costs (up to additional 365 days after medicare benefits are usedYES
Medicare Part B coinsurance or copayment75%
Blood (first 3 pints)75%
Part A hospice care coinsurance or copayment75%
Skilled nursing facility care coinsurance75%
Part A deductible75%
Part B deductibleNO
Part B excess chargesNO
Foreign travel emergency (up to plan limits)NO

Medicare Supplement Plan L has lower premiums with shared costs

Medigap Plan L is one of the cost-sharing Medigap policies available to you. It has slightly lower premiums when compared to a popular plan like Plan G.

Here’s why…

When you enroll in Medicare Supplement Plan L, the Medigap insurance company pays 75% of your medical expenses that are approved by Medicare on most benefits. You have to pay the remaining 25%. You must also pay your Medicare Part B deductible as well as any excess charges. Is Plan L a good deal? 

If you have any costly health care issues, that 25% can add up quickly. You’ll need to evaluate the cost savings of Plan L compared to the benefits of some of the more comprehensive Medigap plans. Most times people see that the savings aren’t big enough and the risk is too great. 

Plan L Case Study

Medicare Supplement PlansIn our example case study, we have John Doe who has a few medical procedures. Let’s see how Medicare Supplement Plan L works based on a common scenario.

John had to undergo an outpatient surgical visit. His Plan L pays 75% and John pays the remaining 25% of Medicare’s allowed amount.

If the Medicare-approved amount for John’s surgery is $10,000:

  • Plan L pays $7,500
  • John pays $2,500

Once John reaches the annual Out-of-Pocket Limit and the yearly Part B deductible for Medigap Plan L, then it pays 100% of covered services for the rest of the year.

It’s easy to compare Standardized Medigap Plans

Medicare supplement plans were standardized in 1991; which means that all Medicare Supplement plans with the same plan letter provides identical coverage and benefits. All Medigap insurance companies are required to provide the same benefits.

In other words, Plan L from Mutual of Omaha is identical to Plan L from Cigna. The price is the only difference between the two companies.

Get Quotes for Medicare Supplements

Contact us today to learn more about Medigap Plan L and how to compare Medicare Supplement plans. You can call us at (888) 411-1329 or receive an online Medigap quote now.

You have many options for Medicare supplements, including Plan L. To find out which Medicare Supplements meets your needs and budget, contact REMEDIGAP for a free quote today. We use over a dozen Medicare insurance companies to make sure you get affordable coverage.

Find affordable Medicare Supplement Insurance plans in your area


We know that Medicare can be confusing.  We also know that everyone's situation is different. That's why we're here to help. Schedule your free consultation now!

michael quinn insurance
Joe Moynihan
Joe Moynihan
Facebook review
Read More
Best decision I made going through REMEDIGAP. I must have watched 40-50 videos from several different carriers and they mostly seemed shady. One I spoke to Joann and walked through options, received some quotes she took care of the rest with absolutely no pressure.
Billy Shows
Billy Shows
Facebook review
Read More
I wish I had found REMEDIGAP in the beginning. It would have saved me 3 months of headache. Joann is really awesome in the way she explains everything and she is a very genuine person.
Diane Langille-stone
Diane Langille-stone
Facebook review
Read More
This was the best thing I could have done for my self every thing was explained to me so I could make the best choice for me. And when I need help later they will be there for me.
Tammy Feola
Tammy Feola
Google review
Read More
Joann is top notch when it comes in explaining whatever question you might have in regards to supplemental insurance. She is professional, courteous, a lovely person to talk to. I feel at easy when talking to her. She is a great asset to your company.
Click above to read all our reviews from our wonderful clients!

Compare free Medicare Supplement quotes from top rated insurers

thank you

Medicare Questions? Speak with us TODAY!



Don't Forget Your Medigap Quote!

medigap quote

Compare The Top Medicare Supplement Plans In Your Area

This is a solicitation for insurance, a member of REMEDIGAP will contact you to discuss your Medicare options.

Join our FREE 7-Day Medicare eCourse

Medicare doesn’t have to be so confusing. We’ll send you 7 email lessons with videos that will guide you through the Medicare process. We want you to be informed, confident and comfortable with your Medicare planning.