When you’re finished learning about Plan G, make sure to read about the other Medicare plans available below.
Medicare Supplement Plan G
Medicare Supplement Plan G provides the following coverage:
- Your Medicare Coinsurance and Hospital Expenses
- Your Coinsurance or Copay
- The 1st 3 Pints of Blood
- Your Coinsurance or Copay for Part A Care
- Your Coinsurance for Care
- Your Deductible
- Your Medicare Part B Excess Charges
- Foreign travel emergency costs (see plan limits)
Let’s look more closely into what Plan G covers, doesn’t cover, pricing and other important coverage details.
What Medical Services Does Plan G Cover?
Medicare Supplement Plan G is the 2nd most comprehensive plan. It provides you everything that the most comprehensive plan (Plan F) provides; the only difference is the Part B deductible. compared to Plan F and provides more benefits compared to Plan N. Plan G also provides great value. It’s less expensive
Of course, the price that you pay for Medigap Plan G is be based on the company you choose, your location, age, and gender. Since Plan G is popular, there are more people enrolled in it compared to most other plans. Premiums tend to decrease when more people are enrolled in a Medicare supplement plan with a specific company.
Will Plan G Cover Everything?
Plan G will not cover everything, but almost. Medicare Supplement Plan G will not cover the Medicare Part B deductible. However, it provides coverage for any other benefits that covers.
Here are some more examples of what Plan G helps pay:
- Inpatient Hospital Costs like:
- blood transfusions
- skilled nursing
- hospice care
- Outpatient medical services like:
- lab work
- doctor visits
- diabetes supplies
- and more
Once the Part B deductible is met, Medicare pays first and Plan G pays the remaining Medicare approved costs. In addition, Plan G Medicare supplements offer up to $50,000 in foreign travel emergency benefits.
What will Medicare Plan G NOT Cover
Plan G does not cover the Medicare Part B Deductible as you can see from the chart below.
|Medicare Supplement Benefits||Plan G covers?|
|Medicare Part A coinsurance & hospital costs (up to additional 365 days after medicare benefits are used||YES|
|Medicare Part B coinsurance or||YES|
|Blood (first 3 pints)||YES|
|Part A hospice care coinsurance or copayment||YES|
|Skilled nursing facility care coinsurance||YES|
|Part A deductible||YES|
|Part B deductible||NO|
|Part B excess charges||YES|
|Foreign travel emergency (up to plan limits)||YES|
Medicare Supplement Plan G is Standardized
You may be wondering, “Plan G is Standardized – What’s that?”
Before buying a Medigap Plan G you’ll want to get quotes from several companies. However it is really important that you get familiar with what Medicare supplement standardization means.
Here’s the deal: Medigap plans were standardized starting in 1991.
Standardized plans simply means that when you compare Plan G pricing from the various Medigap insurance carriers, you can feel at ease that a Plan G from every insurer will have the same benefits such as:
- No Networks: You aren’t handcuffed to certain networks when you use . The reason is that Medigap plans simply supplement Original Medicare. In other words, you have access to any doctor who accepts Medicare – and over 90% of the physicians accept Medicare!
- Coverage: All Medigap Plan G’s must have the exact same coverage that we posted above, no matter which insurance company you purchase your Medigap plan from. You never have to stress if one company has better benefits with their Plan G over a competitor. All of Plan G benefits are the same.
- Claims : The claims process with Medigap is streamlined and simple compared to other types of insurance. Your doctor submits your claims directly to Medicare (not your Medigap insurance carrier). Medicare identifies your Medigap plan and Medicare Supplement company. As soon as your is approved by Medicare, your doctor is paid. Your Medicare supplement company is then notified and instructed to pay the remaining amount due to your doctor. Your Medicare supplement company is required (by law) to pay their portion of costs if Medicare approves your claim. Companies aren’t able to pick and choose if they want to pay or not; they must follow Medicare’s lead. You’ll have peace of mind knowing that all Medicare-approved claims are paid by all companies offering Medigap plans.
Reviewing and understanding the above details about Medigap standardization makes it simple to compare rates and pick a Medicare supplement Plan G from any of the available companies. It comes down to which company provides the greatest value for Medicare supplement Plan G.
It’s one of the many reasons why so many Medicare shoppers turn to their REMEDIGAP agent. We understand how confusing Medicare can be. Look to the experts at REMEDIGAP to help you understand the buying process and make sure you get all the options available. With more than a dozen companies, we’ll help you find the Medigap plan that’s the best fit for your situation.
Medicare Supplement Plan G Pricing
How much does Plan G cost? Medigap Plan G is a great value, but can be one of the higher priced supplement plans, because of all its benefits.
How REMEDIGAP Can Help
At REMEDIGAP, you’ll get one on one help from the start. Our service is complimentary and won’t cost you a dime.
So if you’d like to talk about Medicare Supplement Plan G or any other Medigap plan, please fill out our easy online form to compare Medicare supplement rates, or call us directly at (888) 411-1329 during business hours. We look forward to helping you.