Have you lost yourcard? Maybe it’s been damaged or stolen? Don’t worry. A Medicare card replacement is simple and we’ll walk you through how to get a new one.
Replacement Medicare Card
If yourcard is needing to be replaced you can get a new card online, over the phone or in person. Here’s how:
1) Calling direct
You can replace your Medicare card by phone. Depending on how you get your Medicare, you can request a new card. Let’s look at your options:
- Medicare: You can call Medicare directly by dialing 1-800-633-4227 (1-800-MEDICARE)
- Social Security Administration: Call the SSA directly at 1-800-772-1213
- Railroad Retirement Board: Do you get your Medicare through the RRB? Call (877) 772-5772 and you can request your replacement card.
2) Order Online
Would you prefer to order your replacement Medicare card online? There are few options depending on your situation.
- Medicare Account: Visit mymedicare.gov and login your Medicare account. You can order or print your replacement Medicare card inside your account.
- Social Security Account: Sign in or create an account here. After you login, click on the “Replacement Documents” tab and choose “Mail my replacement Medicare Card.”
3) In Person
Would you prefer to visit an actual location to replace your Medicare card? You can visit your local Social Security office and request a new card.
Frequently Asked Questions
Your replacement Medicare card should arrive in your mailbox in approximately 30 days (at the address that's on file with Social Security). If your replacement card isn't received after 30 days, it's possible that something needs to be corrected. For example, your mailing address may not be correct. If there's an error, you can update it using your
If you need to find your Medicare Number, simply visit your myMedicare.gov/ account and login. If it's your first time, create a new account. You will be able to find your Medicare Number as well as an option to print an official copy of your card.
Your red, white, and blue Medicare card should look like this: