Have you lost your Medicare card? Maybe your card has been damaged or stolen? Don’t worry. Medicare card replacement isn’t difficult. In fact there’s three easy ways to get a new one. In this post, we’ll walk you through how to get a new Medicare card.
Replacement Medicare Card
If your original Medicare card is needing to be replaced you can get a new card online, over the phone or in person. Here’s how:
1) Calling direct
You can replace your Medicare card by phone. Depending on how you get your Medicare, you can request a new card. Let’s look at your options:
- Medicare: You can call Medicare directly by dialing 1-800-633-4227 (1-800-MEDICARE)
- Social Security Administration: Call the SSA directly at 1-800-772-1213
- Railroad Retirement Board: Do you get your Medicare through the RRB? Call (877) 772-5772 and you can request your replacement card.
2) Order Online
Would you prefer to order your replacement Medicare card online? There are few options depending on your situation.
- Medicare Account: Visit mymedicare.gov and login your Medicare account. You can order or print your replacement Medicare card inside your account.
- Social Security Account: Sign in or create an account here. After you login, click on the “Replacement Documents” tab and choose “Mail my replacement Medicare Card.”
3) In Person
Would you prefer to visit an actual location to replace your Medicare card? You can visit your local Social Security office and request a new card.
Frequently Asked Questions
Michael Quinn is an independent licensed insurance agent with a passion for helping others navigate the complex world of Medicare insurance. With over a decade of experience in the field, Michael has established himself as a trusted advisor to countless individuals seeking guidance on their healthcare coverage options.
In 2013, Michael obtained his license as an insurance agent, laying the foundation for his successful career in the industry. Prior to that, he earned his Masters Degree in Communicative Disorders from the University of Central Florida, which equipped him with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Driven by a genuine desire to make a positive impact on people's lives, Michael co-founded REMEDIGAP in 2013. It was created as a dedicated platform that aims to educate individuals about Medicare insurance. Through REMEDIGAP, Michael provides comprehensive resources and unbiased information to empower individuals to make informed decisions about their healthcare coverage.
With his extensive knowledge and expertise, Michael has been able to guide thousands of individuals towards finding the most suitable Medicare insurance plans tailored to their unique needs. His dedication to his clients' well-being, coupled with his passion for simplifying complex insurance concepts, has earned him a reputation as a compassionate and reliable advisor.
His work has appeared on many blogs and websites including, USA Today, Yahoo.com, Nerdwallet, Think Advisor, and REAL SIMPLE.