Medicare Plan B

Find affordable Medicare Supplement plans

Medicare Plan B

Every Medicare supplement plan is different. Some Medigap plans provide more coverage compared to others. Medicare Plan B is no different. Will Plan B Medicare supplement provide you the coverage and value you’re looking for?

Medicare Supplement Plan B

Medicare supplement Plan B is a very basic plan that can leave you with some coverage gaps. Since it offers you less coverage, Plan B will be less expensive when compared to plans with more benefits. Let’s dive deeper into Plan B. When you’re finished, make sure to check out the other Medicare plans available below.

What Medicare Plan B Covers

Medigap Plan B, also known as Medicare Supplement Plan B, provides identical benefits as Medigap Plan A with a little more coverage. Plan B will pay for your Part A hospital deductible which is over a thousand dollars.

This is a big benefit because this deductible will usually go up a bit every year. With Medicare Supplement Plan B, you’ll never stress about this deductible increasing in the future.

What Medicare Supplement Plan B WON’T Cover

Medicare Supplement Plan B does not cover your Skilled nursing facility care coinsurance, Medicare Part B deductible, Medicare Part B excess charges and your Foreign travel emergency (up to plan limits).

Medicare Supplement BenefitsPlan B covers?
Medicare Part A coinsurance & hospital costs (up to additional 365 days after medicare benefits are usedYES
Medicare Part B coinsurance or copaymentYES
Blood (first 3 pints)YES
Part A hospice care coinsurance or copaymentYES
Skilled nursing facility care coinsuranceNO
Part A deductibleYES
Part B deductibleNO
Part B excess chargesNO
Foreign travel emergency (up to plan limits)No

Medigap Plan B & Medicare Part B are Different!

Medicare can get really confusing. Especially when they use the same letters for entirely different things.

Let’s look at the differences of Medigap Plan B and Medicare Part B:

  • Medigap Plan B, also referred to as Medicare Supplement Plan B is a type of insurance designed to cover the gaps of Original Medicare. There are many Medicare supplemental plans to buy. Plan B is just one of them.
  • Medicare Part B refers to Medicare’s outpatient medical coverage. It is bought directly from Social Security.

You need to have Medicare Part B for outpatient services such as lab work, doctor visits, durable medical equipment and more. Keep in mind, Medicare generally pays 80% of these services. A Medigap plan can help pay the remaining 20%.

It’s important to not confuse the two – if you’d like to sort through the differences, give us a call. We’re here to guide you through this process.

Have Questions?

At REMEDIGAP, you’ll get one-on-one help from a licensed Medicare supplement insurance agent. Simply give us a call at 888-411-1329. You can also request free online Medigap quotes here. 

Find affordable Medicare Supplement Insurance plans in your area


We know that Medicare can be confusing.  We also know that everyone's situation is different. That's why we're here to help. Schedule your free consultation now!

michael quinn insurance
Joe Moynihan
Joe Moynihan
Facebook review
Read More
Best decision I made going through REMEDIGAP. I must have watched 40-50 videos from several different carriers and they mostly seemed shady. One I spoke to Joann and walked through options, received some quotes she took care of the rest with absolutely no pressure.
Billy Shows
Billy Shows
Facebook review
Read More
I wish I had found REMEDIGAP in the beginning. It would have saved me 3 months of headache. Joann is really awesome in the way she explains everything and she is a very genuine person.
Diane Langille-stone
Diane Langille-stone
Facebook review
Read More
This was the best thing I could have done for my self every thing was explained to me so I could make the best choice for me. And when I need help later they will be there for me.
Tammy Feola
Tammy Feola
Google review
Read More
Joann is top notch when it comes in explaining whatever question you might have in regards to supplemental insurance. She is professional, courteous, a lovely person to talk to. I feel at easy when talking to her. She is a great asset to your company.
Click above to read all our reviews from our wonderful clients!

Compare free Medicare Supplement quotes from top rated insurers

thank you

Medicare Questions? Speak with us TODAY!



Don't Forget Your Medigap Quote!

medigap quote

Compare The Top Medicare Supplement Plans In Your Area

This is a solicitation for insurance, a member of REMEDIGAP will contact you to discuss your Medicare options.

Join our FREE 7-Day Medicare eCourse

Medicare doesn’t have to be so confusing. We’ll send you 7 email lessons with videos that will guide you through the Medicare process. We want you to be informed, confident and comfortable with your Medicare planning.